Sunday, October 19, 2008

Some catching up to do!





I have decided to give this blogging thing a try. There is so much going on in our lives, and since I am no good at keeping a journal, maybe this will help! We have had a lot of exciting things going on in our family just within the past week! To start off, on the 12th of this month, we blessed the newest member of our family, Ambree Grace. We woke up that morning to our first SNOW STORM of the year!! There was about 8 inches of snow on the ground! Despite the weather, the day was beautiful! Mike's brother Jeff was also ordained an Elder that very same day! A day full of blessings for our family!



The next day, October 13th, we celebrated my Dad's 55th birthday! The fam came over and we had a yummy meal of ribs, chicken and a pasta salad! I didn't have two candles with a "5" on them, and didn't want to start a bonfire in my house by lighting 55 candles, so instead I asked my Dad how old he wanted to be for the night and he said 28! So that's why there's a 28 on his cheesecake! I love every opportunity we have to get together with our family!


The fun just kept coming on Thursday the 16th, Joe, LaDawn, my mom, Mike and I went with Jeff and Alise to the Bountiful Temple to have their Endowments taken out! We were all so excited for them! It was so neat to see them in the Temple and taking that step!


That night we had a family dinner in honor of them. Mike and Jeff's dad made beef brisket, chicken, macaroni and cheese, and their mom made some sour cream potatoes. It was YUMMY!! For entertainment, Ryan played the guitar while Brooke sang. Kaylee decided she wanted to sing too, so she enlightened us with "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".
The funny thing was that before Brooke sang, she was kinda shy, so she started out behind the curtain up on the stage. So when Kaylee got up on stage, she went and hid behind the curtain too! It was so cute! I was surprised she even wanted to sing in front of everyone. Usually that's Teylor's thing.


Well, the moment that everyone had been waiting for for almost 10 YEARS happened on Friday morning, the 17th! Jeff and Alise were married in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all Eternity! What a beautiful day! Mike and Ryan served as the witnesses, and I got to sit next to my mom in the Sealing room. It was such a nice feeling being in the room surrounded by family, and feeling the Spirit! They are a match made in Heaven! Alise was the most gorgeous bride, and Jeff didn't look so bad himself! That night we partied! Alise chose to have the Reception at the Sunset Room located in the Sunset City building. It was soooo pretty! Susan was in charge of decorating, and it all pulled together really nice! Alise asked if LaDawn, Christy and I would do a "sister's dance" with her, so we did! We were able to get some practice times in for in the weeks leading up to the night of the Reception, and it all went well! It was good times!

Well that's about it! Not too bad for one week, huh?! I don't think this post turned out exactly how I wanted it to, but I'll take it for my first try at blogging! Hopefully I can keep up with it better than I do at journeling!

2 comments:

Toni said...

What a week for your family. I can't wait to see more. Tell Alise and Jeff congratulations for me. She looked beautiful

Anonymous said...

WOw! What a cute blog. I will add you to my friends list so we can keep in touch better. I miss you guys. Your baby girl is beautiful! Jerek is getting so big. What a sweet note he wrote you.