Monday, October 20, 2008

At the end of the day, it's all worth it!


We sent Jarek to bed at the usual time (9:00), and an hour later, he comes back upstairs with a note for me. He hands it to me, then heads back down to go to bed (again!).
Let me jump back a bit. A couple weeks ago Jarek came home from school with a HUGE packet of papers that he could re-do to get a better "grade" in class. Most of the papers were supposed to be turned back in already...he's just not the best at remembering when stuff like that is supposed to be done. So I have been working with him to get these papers back in. Frustrating is one word to use when it is homework time! I guess you could say as I am teaching him math, I am getting a lesson in patience! So tonight was another big homework night (another patience lesson for Mom).
So back to the note. I tried scanning this little note, but it didn't show up so well. So I will type what it reads:
"From: Jarek
To the best Mom ever. Dear Mom you are very nice. You buy all of us food. I love you Mom. I hope you never forget. Thanks for teaching me or helping when me or the girls need it. You rock Mom. You are my Hero. Super Hero mom is you. Your always caring for everyone. I hope you never forget I think you are the best. You are one of my favorite people. I will try to do better on my work in class and I will try not to be mean to anybody. We are always family."
Then on the back is a picture he drew of me (rather dashing!) with the words "My Mom" above my head, and "Is great" below, and "Mom Rock's" down the side!

Now doesn't that make homework time (and my patience lessons) all worth it?! I thought it did! Dang little kids! They have their moments, don't they?! He also handed me a Christmas Wishlist earlier today. Maybe he's trying to earn some points.....it might have worked!

Another "day maker" for me was I got Ambree to laugh for the first time, TWICE! She got the hiccups both times too! Love this being a mommy thing! (I think it helps that their all sleeping at the moment too!)

1 comment:

Toni said...

Too cute! Kids have to have their cute moments so we don't lose our minds. Or is that just me? (: